Business Website: Why Your Business Needs a Website
Doing good business means having a good business website. Business website design is essential to a new business. In the small time-frame that we know of as the course of history it wasn’t that long ago that if you wanted to look for a restaurant, or just about any kind of small business, you’d open the yellow pages.
Those times have changed big time. Now anyone under the age of 80 who can be labeled as a consumer, will find those customs are as dated as a faded tie-dyed tee shirt.
Most consumers today will use the Internet as their first place to conduct informational research to find a vendor or just about any type of information, especially those who are computer savvy.
Here are five reasons why you should have a website now:
- Exposure: With more and more potential customers accessing the Web to do research on products and services, they won’t find your business unless you have a web presence.
- Distance: Since the web is world wide you will no longer be limited to a local customer base. Your place of business may be in Tampa, but your customers can be in Turkey.
- Benefits: When people are able to find information about your business easily and within their own time frame their satisfaction about your business is naturally increased.
- Competition: Having a professionally designed website will keep you in the public eye and give you a competitive advantage against larger companies. Keeping your website professional looking and up to date will keep you in the game. Make sure you’re found on the web, your competitors are.
- Credibility: Having a website to point partners, potential employees, investors and customers to tells these people that you are a serious business person.
Getting on the Web quickly
Once upon a time having a website was out of reach for many small businesses. It was expensive to hire programmers, designers and writers. Hosting and committing to keep the site updated was a daunting task. That expense and commitment to time is not a concern anymore with WordPress and sites that are template driven. Now it’s quick and painless to have a website.
If you’re concerned with having enough content don’t be. A website can be a work in progress. You can start by having a simple one page business-card type site with very basic information such as:
Time permitted you can grow the content of your site so that it’s as large or as small as you desire. The point is, get your website up and running as soon as possible.
It seems obvious that there are a plethora of reasons why even the smallest of businesses will benefit from having a presence on the web. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on your website TODAY!